Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy sets out a list of acceptable and unacceptable conduct for our Services. If we believe a violation of the policy is deliberate, repeated or presents a credible risk of harm to other users, our customers, the Services or any third parties, we may suspend or terminate your access.
- comply with all User Terms of Service, including the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy;
- comply with all applicable laws and governmental regulations, including, but not limited to, all intellectual property, data, privacy, and export control laws, and regulations promulgated by any government agencies, including, but not limited to, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, and any rules of any national and other securities exchanges;
- upload and disseminate only Customer Data to which Customer owns all required rights under law and under contractual and fiduciary relationships (such as proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements) and do so only consistent with applicable law;
- use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access to or use of the Services;
- keep passwords and all other login information confidential;
- monitor and control all activity conducted through your account in connection with the Services;
- promptly notify us if you become aware of or reasonably suspect any illegal or unauthorized activity or a security breach involving your accounts or teams, including any loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure or use of a username, password, or account; and
- comply in all respects with all applicable terms of the third party applications, including any that Customer elects to integrate with the Services that you access or subscribe to in connection with the Services.
- interfere with or disrupt the operation of the servers or networks used to make the Services available, or violate any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of such servers or networks or their providers;
- post, transmit, or otherwise make available through, or in connection with, the Services any virus, worm, Trojan horse, Easter egg, time bomb, spyware, or other computer code, file, or program that is, or is potentially, harmful or invasive or intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software, or equipment;
- license, sublicense, transfer, assign, reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, distribute, or exploit for any commercial or production purposes the Services;
- reproduce, modify, rent, lease, loan, timeshare, sell, distribute, or otherwise exploit all or any part of the Services, except as expressly authorized in this Agreement;
- frame or mirror all or any part of the Services, or incorporate all or any part of the Services into any product or service.
- systematically download or store all, or any part of, Services, or use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, “scrape,” “data mine”, reproduce, or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Services;
- remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notice of YAMA in connection with the Services;
- in connection with the Services (a) defame, threaten, abuse, or harass any person, or otherwise violate the legal rights of any person or entity, including any copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or privacy, or any other proprietary right; (b) harvest or collect personally identifiable information from or about any person other than in the ordinary course of Customer’s business or otherwise in violation of any applicable law; (c) impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent Customer’s affiliation with any person or entity; or (d) engage in any fraudulent or otherwise tortious or unlawful conduct.
- engage in any other activity prohibited by the User and Customer Terms.
Without affecting any other remedies available to us, YAMA may permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend an Authorized User's or Customer's account or access to the Services without notice or liability if YAMA (in its sole discretion) determines that an Authorized User or Customer has violated this Acceptable Use Policy.